PARK(ing) Day has a very simple premise: “Citizen Activists around the globe turn parking spaces into mini-parks for a day to demonstrate the need for more urban green space.”
- we picked up trash, swept the spots
- fed the meters
- brought BikeDenton’s park materials via xtracycle
- set up plants along the roadway to define space
- invited inquisitive strangers to use the space
- spent money at nearby local businesses
We’ll let photos and video do the talking, since DRC wrote a nice article about it on the front page today.