If the radar looks like this, don’t despair:
Weather.com says it’s 36 deg F outside, and it was raining lightly on my commute this morning. Tools I use to accommodate cold rain are these:
- Rain Suit or Poncho, the cheaper you go, the easier they tear. The cheap stuff lasts me one season.
- Wooly hat under helmet
- Gloves, preferably waterproof. Right now I have plastic bags to cover my fuzzy gloves, if necessary.
- Sunglasses. Even though it’s cloudy, I don’t like stinging drops in my eyes.
- Fenders. Today I used the SKS raceblade fenders, which are so-so in my opinion.
- Lights, duh.
- Boots, see photo below
- If you’re miserable, sing a song, recite a poem, laugh. It works, trust me.